FREE CONSULTATION 424-835-9247 424-835-9247
Home / Practice Areas / Green Cards

Representing Aliens Seeking Green Cards

Applications for Law Permanent Resident status

A large part of my role as counsel is in advising and representing aliens who wish to establish permanent residency in the United States. Often referred to as a “green card,” this designation allows people to reside in, and return to, the United States for life. Various factors can affect your ability to become a permanent resident, including:

  • Marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
  • A close family relationship to a citizen or permanent resident
  • Specific employment experience or skills
  • A job offer within the United States
  • Employment with the U.S. government in a foreign country
  • The existence or threat of spousal and child abuse
  • Length of time living in the United States without criminal violations
  • Political unrest or persecution in one’s home country

An integral part of my role as counsel is to take the time to understand each client’s circumstances to create a strategy that gives them the best chance to remain in the country.

Guiding people through the residency process

Establishing family-based permanent residency in the United States usually begins with a visa petition from a spouse or relative.  From there, the process can be very quick or take several years depending upon your circumstances. I can estimate very early in the process how your application will be handled based on the type of petition, your individual attributes, and the number of green cards available to beneficiaries in different visa categories.

Call me at 424-835-9247 or contact me online to schedule a consultation.