California Family-Based Immigration Attorney
Comprehensive counsel on family-based immigration issues
In my role as counsel and legal representative, I explain the procedures and requirements that are involved with different forms of family-based immigration. In most cases, my clients are U.S. citizens or permanent residents who need to learn about the best ways to obtain U.S. entry or permanent residence for a relative: parent, spouse, fiancé or fiancée, son or daughter, brother or sister. I can help you understand what to expect and what needs to be done. My clients benefit from my 20 years of experience in family-based immigration, including three years as counsel for the government.
My work in family-based visas also involves achieving entry into the United States, maintenance of status, adjustment of status to Lawful Permanent Resident (= “green card”). My role is to give my clients clear explanations of all their options, so that the eventual choice is based on sound judgment based on the client’s familiarity with the immigration process that I provide.
Examples of the kinds of family immigration situations I handle include:
- Permanent residence (green card) for immediate relatives (spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens)
- Entry and permanent residence for non-citizen spouses
- Preference categories for family-based immigration visas
- Nonimmigrant K-3 visas (coming to the U.S. when your visa-application is already in progress)
- Fiancé or fiancée visas
- Adjustment of status to Lawful Permanent Resident
- Family-based waivers of inadmissibility
- Naturalization and citizenship
- Removal defense
My role as counsel includes explaining each process carefully, so that the clients knows just what to expect: length of time, priority dates, evidence and documentation requirements, visa bulletins, interview process, and the affidavits of support that must be completed for the non-citizen relative.
To schedule a consultation, call 424-835-9247 or contact me online.